New Thyroid Results
It’s blood work and endocrinologist appointment time again! This time for some reason the doctor didn’t request extensive lab work like he usually does. Only three vials this time instead of his normal six to eight. That’s fine by me!
All within normal levels:
- TSH: 1.90 mIU/L — up from February’s results of 0.84 mIU/L — normal is 0.40-4.50 mIU/L
- T4 Free: 1.2 ng/dL — up from February’s results of 1.0 ng/dL — normal is 0.8-1.8 ng/dL
- T3 Free: 279 pg/dL — down from February’s results of 330 pg/dL — normal is 230-420 pg/dL
- T3 Total: 173 ng/dL — up from February’s results of 167 ng/dL — normal is 76-181 ng/dL
- Thyroglobulin Antibodies: <20 IU/mL — same as February’s results — normal is <20 IU/mL
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies: <10 IU/mL — same as February’s results — normal is <35 IU/mL
- TSI: 105% — up from February’s results of 96% — normal is <=125 % baseline
Out of range results:
- T4 Total: 14.7 mcg/dL — up from February’s results of 13.7 mcg/dL — normal is 4.5-12.5 mcg/dL
My endocrinologist wasn’t concerned with the out of range result because it’s pretty normal for me and is actually elevated more due to the birth control pills I take to regulate my cycle. So it’s expected to be out of range. I talked to my gynecologist about getting an endometrial ablation. He said he could do it, but that it doesn’t mean it will stop my cycles completely, which means I could still be on birth control pills anyway. *sigh* I’m still considering doing it anyway, but I’d like a little more time to think about it. So it seems my endocrinologist will just have to deal with the slightly elevated T4 Total results for now!
In the meanwhile, I’ve been told to continue with my vitamins and the Inderol 3 times a day. He also wants me to reduce my Tapazole from 5mg a day to 5 mg every other day. My next appointment and blood work will be in November. He’s requested more tests on the lab sheet this time so we’ll see how many vials that will be then!